Yes, I realize there’s more footage of food than there is of my grandma. Get off me.
I’m sick in bed and googling pictures of kittens while listening to country music. I’m like an old white lady. Except I’m twenty something. And Asian. And hardly a lady, depending on who you ask.
I can finally have my life back.
(This is why I’m single.)
Should I consider it a warning sign that all the presents I got for Christmas revolve around food and liquor?
- Tickets to Sam the Cooking Guy Live!
- Sam the Cooking Guy: Season 2 DVD
- Anthropologie gift card for a Kitchen Apron
- Calphalon Classic Nonstick Bakeware
- Pillsbury Fast & Healthy Cookbook
- Moscato Wine
- What’s New, Cupcake? Cookbook
- Big Top Cupcake Silicone Bakeware
- Cocktail Stirrers, Drink Charms, Deluxe Straws & Cocktail Jigger
You guys know me so well.
Chel gave me this awesome idea to put red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting inside jars for the holidays! Could these be any cuter???
I’ve been winning tons of stuff lately… an autographed CD from Meaghan Smith, Konami’s Glee Karaoke Revolution Wii game, that pizza eating contest at Marechiaro’s… (is it a contest if I’m the only one participating?)
Last week, I won tickets for Day 10 of The Ellen DeGeneres Show’s 12 Days of Giveaways! Pammie was the one who signed me up in the first place, so I took her with me to the taping in LA. It was one of the best days of my life, and I’m not lying like I usually am when I say that.
We laughed at Ellen’s jokes, drooled over Mark Wahlberg, listened to Olivia Wilde talk about Tron, danced with Ciara as she performed her new single, and screamed as Ellen unveiled all the Amazon.com gifts we were going home with:
- Amazon Denim Shop Gift Card, $100
- PlayStation 3 320GB System and Sports Champion Move Bundle, $399.99
- Rock Band 3, $59.99
- Rock Band 3 Wireless Keyboard, $79.99
- Plantronics Voyager PRO PLUS Bluetooth Headset, $99.99
- TomTom GPS Go 2405TM with Lifetime Traffic & Maps, $299.95
- Basic Instinct by Ciara, $11.98
- Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi, $25.99
- Kindle Wireless Reading Device, $139.00
- Panasonic TA-1 Ultrathin HD Pocket Camcorder, $169.95
- Calphalon Unison Nonstick 8-Piece Cookware Set, $499.99
- Calphalon No Peek Waffle Maker, $99.99
Whoever said that material things can’t fill the void in your life has never been given $500 worth of Calphalon Cookware, obvi.
Happy 31st birthday to my old friend Jed, the only person who replied to my Craigslist ad about my dining set:
** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY — AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html
I was interested in your dining set and was wondering if you were interested in trading for any of these items:
- Box of Rubik’s cubes. Unopened box of 12. (Stolen)
- 20 Lbs. of frozen chicken. (Not worth too much, can be combined with anything else.)
- Picture of a bike. I had this bike last year and sold it. Comes in .jpg format.
- Maxim magazine with Lindsay Lohan on the cover. I just don’t find her attractive.
I can also offer 80 bucks but it’s in confederate money. I don’t know if it’s still good.
E-mail me back here. I can pick up anytime today.
I’m still waiting for my picture of a bike. In .jpg format.
The Town DVD from Amazon, $17.99
Ben Affleck grows a fierce beard (and does some other stuff, too) in this movie.
Apron (any style) from Anthropologie, $28.00-$38.00
I love to bake, and I’m pretty sure my treats would taste even better if I made them while wearing this fabulous apron.
Laptop Desk (Walnut with Chocolate Cushion) from Brookstone, $29.95
I like to browse the interwebs how I like to do most other things—in bed with no pants on.
- Madison Op Art Sateen Large Wristlet (Black/Silver) from Coach, $98.00
I once left my whole purse inside Macy’s. And lost my wallet in Vegas. And found my ATM card in the freezer. Clearly, I need a purse that attaches to my wrist.
External Hard Drive (1TB) from Amazon, $78.99
Jay’s folder labeled "NOT PORN" is taking up too much space on my desktop. There really isn’t any porn in there, but it does have R. Kelly’s entire discography (which might actually be worse, I think).
Stella Im Hultberg’s “Never Mind” Gelaskin (iPhone 4) from Gelaskins, $14.95
I want this partly because Stella is my favorite artist, but mostly because the bottom corner of my phone is chipped from dropping it.
Pink with a Splash All-Over Body Mist from Victoria’s Secret, $15, 2/$22, 3/$30
There are eight different scents, and they all smell delicious. Pick one (or eight).
Fiiiiiinally checked Neon Trees off my concert bucket list! More videos here.
Zooey & Conan & Christmas ♥
Watching my co-workers eat bird portions while I scarf down Taco Fiesta has shamed me into eating healthier.
Belle made us these yummy stuffed bell peppers on Monday:
Last night, I attempted to make us a spicy turkey sausage and mushroom pizza:
Yes, I cooked. And yes, that’s reduced-fat mozzarella. On a whole wheat pizza crust.
I don’t even know who I am right now.
Neon Trees – Wish List
[audio:http://www.mayanrocks.com/blog/Neon Trees – Wish List.mp3]
The girls and I are doing a gift exchange via Elfster this year. Gifts in our collective wish list include: red tights (not footless), San Diego Chargers hipster panties, an Aveda gift card, and Kid Rainen from the Jabbawockeez.
(I’m pretty sure the latter exceeds our previously agreed upon $30 limit, Chris!)