Indie rock music is more my bag, but I like to get turnt up every once in a while! Ha. Fun times with Pammie, Christine and Cat! It was only the best concert I’ve ever been to IN MY LIFE.
(Ask me again after this weekend, though… I may or may not be reliving my youth at the Hoobastank show in West Hollywood this Friday.)
Jay-Z feat. Justin Timberlake – Holy Grail
Or… my worst nightmare!
Jessie was chosen to compete at the Nike Training Club Summer Throwdown in my ‘hood this past weekend, so I had to come support! The girl who won MVP warmed up for that brutal 2-hour workout by running from Santa Monica to Hermosa Beach (14 miles!). My exercise for the day was parking three blocks away and walking to the event at the pier. And I warmed up with half a breakfast burrito, so… I think she has me beat there.
I’ve missed this girl as much as I’ve missed helping her carbo-load for her marathons! Ha. So proud of you, b ♥
- The Blood Orange Sweet Tea at Coffee Bean will change your life, I swear.
- This looks like a shelf at Trader Joe’s, but it’s the inside of my mom’s cupboard. After dog-sitting at my parents’ house last weekend, she sent me home with four jars of cookie butter and some leftover sangria from her wild night out with her friends. Best mom evs!
- This was my view for THREE HOURS on the drive home from SD Sunday night. Too bad all the nerds couldn’t beam themselves home from Comic Con!
- Eileen found a random garlic bulb in her tote bag when we went out for sushi! The weirdest thing I’ve ever found in my purse is an anvil—for a brief window in 2010, I used it for jewelry stamping (or when Wile E. Coyote would sneak up on me).
- I’m not sure what concerns me more—is it that my check engine light just turned on, or that my gas light has been on for the past three days???
- Apartment hunting in Manhattan Beach is the pits. This one place I looked at had an ocean view and was $300 cheaper than the studio I live in now. And when I stepped inside, I found out why: the entire apartment was literally 50 square feet! Multi-tasking is cool and everything, but I just can’t live in a place where I can wash my dishes, open the front door, and grab a beer from the fridge all while lying in bed.
While I was in SD this past weekend, my friend was telling me about the new Donut Bar that just opened a few months back, but I know better than to go anywhere downtown during the shit show that is Comic Con! Donut Bar is known for their ‘cro-bar’ – a croissant/donut hybrid recently made famous by a pastry chef in NYC. After googling pictures of it, I decided that I needed that sorcery inside of me ASAP, so I made it myself!
Get the recipe here.
I love that my new Apple TV allows me to stream episodes of Modern Family from my iPad mini to my HDTV while freeing up my macbook pro for some light internet stalking.
I entered this pinterest contest to win a $500 blender after Anthony made me a smoothie with his Vitamix when I was sick (and shortly before he handcuffed me, and Pammie took pictures while he went to get the key, but that’s a story for another time).
I found a ton of popsicle recipes while making my Summer of Smoothies contest board. It’s been crazy hot lately, so I thought it would be the perfect time to bust out my popsicle tray, Vitamix blender or not.
One of the things I miss about San Diego is Teresita’s Fruiteria. I have to travel to a seedy part of LA to get a good chamango around here—the one place I found was next door to a barber who sells Herbalife in the back of his shop (don’t ask me how I know). Now I can have chamangos in the safety of my own home, and even better, on a stick!
12 oz mango chunks (1 frozen bag @ Target)
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
4 tbsp chamoy
Popsicle mold tray
Blend 12 oz mango chunks, water and sugar until smooth. If it’s too thick, add more water.
Add half a tbsp of chamoy to the bottom of each popsicle mold.
Pour the blended mixture into each popsicle mold and leave a quarter inch room on top. I filled up 8 molds and had some left over.
Take a popsicle stick and swirl the chamoy around.
Freeze overnight. Once it’s frozen, you can dip the popsicle tray in warm water and the popsicles should slide right out.
Lunch at Bottega Louie with my loves ♥
Best. Macarons. Ever.
This may just be the vodka talking, but I’m pretty sure Nick Lachey crept back into my freebie five last night.
I somehow got swindled into going to this concert tonight.
Shi offered me her extra ticket, and I said I would go on the condition that 98 Degrees performs ‘Invisible Man’ and we embrace through the entire song.
98 Degrees – Invisible Man
While I was sick last week, I downed emergen-c cocktails and fireball whiskey and entered a bajillion pinterest contests. Today, my lazybones dream board won me a $50 gift card! I can’t wait to put it towards one of their $300 quilts haha. I already have one from Anthropologie (okay so I really bought it for my sister on her birthday and I’ve been ‘borrowing’ it ever since), and anyone who’s had the pleasure of sleeping in my bed knows that it’s well worth the price. And so is the quilt ;) Ha.
I also got a notification today that my dairy max board won third place! While I didn’t win the grand prize of a kitchen aid stand mixer (yes, I already have one, and yes, I’m greedy like that), I did win a dairy prize pack. I have no idea what that entails, but I’m hoping it’s sticks of butter from different lands.
Either they haven’t cleaned my desk out since I left my last job (almost a year ago!), or some squatter has taken up residence underneath my old desk…
I told the bestie to tell my favorite third grader that it’s easy to get confused… sometimes I have a little bit of both in me ;) Ha! Just kidding (I’ve never have Chinese in me).