Every year, I make the same New Year’s resolution to lose enough weight to fit into my skinny jeans again — not the trendy skinny jeans immortalized by Audrey Hepburn in the Gap commercial, but the jeans I wore when I was skinny…er. Because let’s face it, I was never (and probably never will be) skinny. I thought for 2007 I’d resolve to do more than that. Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
- Fall in love with someone who knows my worth.
- Quit the BS. It’ll be very clear if I don’t like you. I’m tired of being nice.
- Fix my car stereo on my own.
- Strengthen relationships I value. Drop those that don’t matter.
- Focus more on myself and less on others.
- Take/pass 42 units so I can get my BA next spring.
- Move out of San Diego (I might save this one for 2008).
2006 was a year of realization… who my real friends are, what really matters (and doesn’t matter) to me, the potential for something better. I’m ready for a new year and a new life.