It’s like she looked right through my hipster glasses and into my soul.
Mumford & Sons – Winter Winds (Live)
And my head told my heart
Let love grow
But my heart told my head
This time no, this time no
Loved, loved, loved.
…or LA bound at least. I’m back from my sister’s fabulous wedding in Vegas! More soon…
I hope santa gets me something from my gentlemen’s quarters board this year.
Enjoy Bill Hader corpsing while I go party at an abandoned whitefish factory in Little Israel.
Chel’s birthday brunch at Prepkitchen last Sunday!
(Photo courtesy of @instapammie—I was too busy getting served by Anthony to take any pictures! Ha.)
I’m horrible at returning messages… I currently have 403 unread emails in my inbox! If it seems like I’m ignoring you, I probably haven’t gotten to your email yet. (But if your name is Anthony, I’m really just ignoring you.)
Or your sister’s wedding in two weeks…
Mumford & Sons – White Blank Page
You desired my attention but denied my affections
I can never remember where I parked my car, and last night was no exception. Shi and I walked up and down the parking structure at Santa Monica Place for a good fifteen minutes before we found this Park Assist machine! Now if only I could remember my license plate number. Or find my parking stub in my purse. Is there an app for that???
Shi came up to have lunch with me and watch 500 Days of Summer at Santa Monica Pier last night! LA doesn’t feel like home to me yet, but it felt like home when she was here ♥
The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition
I’m pretty sure Antho only got an iPhone so that he could be included in our group texts!
I’m overdue for an upgrade, and I don’t know if I want to stay with the iPhone or get a Samsung S III. Thoughts??? I can’t make a decision without tons of research. And by ‘research’ I mean other peoples’ opinions.
I instagram’d that hoe, and then I had my way with it.
Imagine Dragons with Pammie at The Observatory ♥
When I went to my sister’s house in the OC to watch The Walking Dead premiere, I didn’t really think about having to drive an hour back home by myself. Or going home to an empty house past midnight… Yikes!
I hate when that happens.
|33 Facts You Learn About Mindy Kaling by Hanging Around Her
15. Right now, Kaling is single “and enjoying-slash-tolerating it,” she says. “It seems like when I have a serious relationship with someone, despite my schedule and everything else, they find a time to pursue me and date me. So I have this maybe naïve thing of, like, ‘Well, they’ll just find me.’ You know? ‘They will figure it out and find me and we will work it out.’”
16. It’s a belief that comes from how her parents met: In Nigeria, where her father was the architect designing the wing of the hospital her mother was working in. “She didn’t plan it, it just happened,” says Kaling. “She moved to Nigeria to be a doctor and was just living there and my dad met her and he pursued her. And as my grandmother always said, the best relationships are the ones where the guy likes the girl a little bit more than the girl likes the guy. So great, I’m busy. I’m doing something I love. And if someone really likes me, they will come and find me. I don’t mean that like, ‘Oh come find me.’ Like I’m this little daisy and I’m not a strong woman. I mean that if someone is willing, and they see what my schedule is, and they are really that interested, we’ll find a way. I don’t have to change that much.”
Pammie’s bridal shower was a sweet success!
Evidence that The Mindy Project is actually about my life.
This pretty much sums up every conversation I’ve had in LA.
Lucky for me, I’ll be escaping Carmageddon II this weekend to be in SD for Pammie’s bridal shower! Can’t wait to see you clowns :)
Holy pelvic thrust, Robin!
Did anyone else spend their Saturday night in their bra and underwear watching JGL on SNL???
Yeah, me either.
I’ve always wanted to A) watch a show at Red Rocks and B) see Mumford and Sons live… Someday I’ll do both (just not any day soon). Mumford announced their one show in LA this year, and it just happens to be the day of my sister’s wedding! Boo whore.
I should get the bushiest beaver award for planning Pammie’s bridal shower! There’s no time for blogging when you’re busy making fondant hearts and fabric bunting. What has my life come to?
The only thing I use my Google+ account for is to back up my 3,000+ iPhone photos, so that when I inevitably drop my phone outside my car window while driving and tweeting pics of my dog, I won’t lose important photos like these:
Clockwise from top left:
- If you want to know my secrets, a couple of outdated phone chargers can unlock all the mysteries.
- I found them like this on my desk when I came back from lunch. They didn’t expect me to be back so soon, obvi.
- Sometimes when you’re Asian (or when your name is Shirley May), you find rice stuck to your shoe hours after you’ve eaten.
- You can’t see it in this photo, but Jesse texted me a pic of his 22″ sausage.
- I took a picture of my Leg Magic machine so I could put it up for sale on Craigslist. It was taking up too much space in the house, and I needed to make room for my expanding waistline.
- Drinking on the job during my final days at work! My boss brought in a case of beer to drown everyone’s sorrows after they found out I was leaving.
My art director asked if I needed any supplies like pens, post-its, a bladeless Dyson fan… no bigs!
Or… me trying to carry all of my groceries plus enough takeout to feed a family of six last night. Two trips are for pansies!
I tried to sneak four cases of water into my shopping cart while my sister and her fiance were here to help last weekend, and they were NOT amused! Boo whore.
Honey Boo Boo’s mama is only 2 years older than me! I have so much to look forward to.
After waking up every day at an unholy hour, driving upwards of 2 hours each way, putting 550 miles on my car, and paying $46 in toll fees to commute back and forth between my sister’s place in the OC and my job in Manhattan Beach, I’ve finally moved into my new place in Redondo Beach! I couldn’t be happier that I’m only 2 streets away from my work now.
When I found this steal on Craigslist and submitted my rental application, the landlord who lives upstairs mentioned that he loves Filipino food and has never met a Filipino he didn’t like. I mean… if he only leased the bottom floor of his townhouse to me because he thinks I know how to cook Filipino food, then he’s in for 3 months of disappointment!
Congrats Trace & Gary ♥
BRB my heart is exploding.
Pammie’s wedding is only ten weeks away!
My maid of honor dress has no room for error. And I’m just gonna tell you right now… there’s a lot of error.
Everything happened so fast with the move that I didn’t have time to think about it. I’m so much happier at my new job, but I miss my friends. I miss my family. I miss my dog. Le’sigh.
What does it mean?!?
If heaven is a 6×8 glass-enclosed cubicle, then this is it.
Mumford & Sons – I Will Wait
And I will wait
I will wait for you
Manhattan Beach! I could get used to this…
If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.
Clearly, San Diego was sad to see me go.
This post has been sitting in my drafts for the past year or two (or five), and today I finally get to publish this shiznittle bam snip snap sack!
No time! There’s never any time!
The first step toward getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.
Mr. Little Jeans – Rescue Song (RAC Remix)
When Anthony texted that he was waiting for us in the second row, far left, he meant in the theater that was actually showing the movie, and not the one that Chel and I were sitting in for five minutes before we realized that what we were in the wrong theater! Ha. We always seem to get lost when we’re together…
|12:48 PM||me: ugh i’m sooo over this fifty shades ppt|
|they keep making changes!|
|12:49 PM||Jesse: sup with the wack ppt presentation sup|
Chatting with you is the only thing I’m going to miss about work! It puts a smile on my face when you send me nick@nite texts and pictures of your 22″ hot dog, so try not to forget about me after I blow this popsicle stand!
Oh my glob, you guys!
You know I’m moving, not dying, right? Ha. I’m only going to be a couple hours away. Besides, I have a year’s worth of free Nothing Bundt Cake bundlets to claim from their Mission Valley store, so you know I’ll be down in SD at least once a month (if you thought I was leaving my voucher with one of you clowns, you were mistaken!).
But I believe good things happen everyday. I believe good things happen even when bad things happen. And I believe on a happy day like today, we can still feel a little sad. That’s life, isn’t it?